That means gathering and formatting your list of sources to include on your 'works cited list' (also referred to as a 'reference list' or 'bibliography'). Most students are required to use either the MLA or APA style of citations.
Here are some links to guides which will offer some help with this (unpleasant, but) necessary step in writing a research paper.
- Citing Your Sources - APA Style
- Citing Your Sources - MLA Style
- Citations: Deciphering and Using Them
- RefWorks Resource Guide (i.e. a how-to guide)
- Citation Tools in Sawyer Library Databases