- "A fast, single search of your [library's] collection
- Comprehensive content
- Highly-refined relevancy ranking
- Elaborate indexing (subject headings, etc.)
- The inclusion of high-end indexes
- Enhanced catalog treatment & handling of repositories
- A full-featured discovery layer user experience
- Instant access to full text (whenever available)."
"OneSearch" is the default option in the center widget box of the Sawyer Library homepage. (The 'classic' online catalog, and the periodical databases are all still available as before.) Since there is a good deal of behind-the-scenes effort that must go into to making such a system function seamlessly, we currently have our OneSearch labeled as being in 'beta.' Afterall, Google, having been founded in 1998, has a 16 year headstart.